A makeup artist's secrets are something that many people would love to know, but it is difficult to find the time or money for professional lessons. Luckily, there are some easy tricks that can be used to get your makeup to last all day without having to buy expensive products.
This blog post will teach you how to do just that with 3 techniques shared by a makeup artist, so you'll never have a bad makeup day again!
- Cleanse- Get that grease and grime off for a fresh canvas.
- Exfoliate- Get rid of the dead skin that can leave your makeup looking dry and patchy. We prefer chemical exfoliants like Lactic Acid and Glycolic Acid.
- Serums/Sheet Masks - Hydrating options are your go-to. Apply 2-3 layers (of serum) to damp skin or leave your hydrating mask on for 10-30 minutes. This will ensure your skin is appropriately hydrated so it doesn’t suck moisture from your foundation.
- Moisturise- A moisturiser suitable for your skin type is best. Oily skin? Go for something lightweight. Dry skin? Opt for something thicker. Don’t skip this step because your skin will start leaching water and oil from your foundation (leaving you with patches).
- A non-negotiable for long wear. Primers contain hydrating and ‘adhesive-like’ ingredients to ensure your makeup stays on the skin/has something to adhere to.
- Choose one that matches your concern. I.e. Oil-control, hydrating, illuminating, smoothing etc.
- The secret is to spray in between layers of foundation and at the very end.
- Refreshing throughout the day may also be helpful for longevity.
Now that you’ve learned how to get your makeup looking good all day, we want to know if you have any tips for making it last even longer. We would love to hear what tricks and products work best for you in the comments below!